You asked, we listened, which means the 2021 Fitness Challenge is currently undergoing a complete makeover that will launch in the coming weeks. This year, you can expect a new and improved experience. We will be using Wellable, an interactive health and wellness platform, to more easily track activity and measure standings. Our new platform and rebrand will include the following:
- A new logo and tagline
- A new website
- A new point tracking system
- Ability to sync with wearables
- Size categories limited to small, medium and large (based on an estimated number of participants, not the size of the company)
- Automated support from Wellable in terms of reminders, troubleshooting and team maintenance
- Mobile app
- Ability to earn additional points for engaging in healthy behaviors like drinking eight glasses of water, sleeping seven hours, meditating, etc.
- Ability to view team standings in real time
Let the new year start strong by registering your group to participate in the 2021 Blue & You Fitness Challenge. You can register your team or group early by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your company/team/group name and contact information.
Once you email email@example.com with your information, a link will be sent to you to formally register your team. Your team members can start joining your team on February 1.
- January 14, 2021 – deadline for group registration
- February 1, 2021 – participant registration opens
- February 28 – deadline for individual registration
- March 1 – Challenge begins
The Founders of the Challenge: Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, the Arkansas Department of Health and the Department of Human Services are excited about these changes! 2021 is going to be a great year! Strong starts here!
What is the Blue & You Fitness Challenge?
The Fitness Challenge, hosted by Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, the Arkansas Department of Health and the Arkansas Department of Human Services, is a free three-month fitness competition in which participant exercise and gain points based on their activities. The Challenge begins March 1 of every year. Businesses use the event as part of their wellness programs, while friends and family use the contest as a chance to stay or get in shape, infuse new energy into their routines, remain connected and have fun.
For more information, call 1-800-686-2609.